Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Baby Bibs

Recently there have been lots of new babies in our own family and the families of friends. I wanted to make some cute little bibs for the new arrivals. I used chenille on the back, cute cotton print for the front, and Velcro for the closure. These bibs are relatively small; they are best for infants or as drool bibs. Since I no longer have babies in the house and couldn't trace an actual bib, I needed a pattern. Of course, I searched the web and found this free pattern from the Chickpea Sewing Studio. Here are the 6 bibs I made so far.

Es wurden in unserer Familie und der Familien von Freunden in letzter Zeit viele neue Babies geboren. Ich habe fuer die Neuankömmlinge ein paar niedliche kleine Lätzchen genäht. Ich habe Chenille für die Rückseite, Baumwolle für die Vorderseite und Klettband für den Verschluss benutzt. Die Lätze sind relative klein – am besten für jüngere Babies oder als Geiferlatz. Da ich keine Kleinkinder mehr im Haus habe, konnte ich nicht einfach einen Latz zum Muster nehmen. Natürlich habe ich dafür auf dem Internet gesurft und dieses kostenlose Muster vom Chickpea Sewing Studio gefunden. Hier sind die 6 Lätze, die ich soweit genäht habe. 




The Chenille I used for the back:
Der Chenille-Stoff:




... and the Velcro closure:
... und der Klettverschluss:



No comments:

Post a Comment