Tuesday, April 20, 2010

It's all about flowers!

I bought these beautiful Kaffe Fassett, Amy Butler, and Heather Bailey floral fabrics. I have always wanted to make a floral quilt that emphasizes the overall beauty of the design and color scheme of these designer fabrics. A complicated pattern is clearly not the right thing, so I kept it to simple squares. Have a look at what I have so far...

Ich kaufte mir diese schönen Kaffe Fassett, Amy Butler und Heather Bailey Blumenstoffe. Ich wollte schon immer mal ein Blumenquilt nähen, der die Pracht der Farben und des Designs betont. Ein kompliziertes Patchworkmuster ware dafür eindeutig nicht das Richtige, so habe ich mich für einfache Quadrate entschlossen. Hier einen Blick auf das, was ich bisher gemacht habe...

This is a pillow top made from Kaffe Fassett fabrics
Dieses Kissen Top ist aus Kaffe Fassett Stoffen genäht

Heather Bailey and Amy Butler fabrics laid out on my kitchen table
Heather Bailey und Amy Butler Stoffe auf meinem Küchentisch ausgelegt

A close-up of the quilt-to-be.

I love the colors, and different floral patterns. Now, if only my husband did too! He said he didn't like "all that frou frou."   :)

Ich liebe die Farben und verschiedenen Blumenmuster. Nun, wenn nur mein Mann auch den selben Geschmack hätte! "All dieser Frou Frou" gefällt ihm nicht.  :)


1 comment: