Monday, October 11, 2010

Mosaic Table

My dear husband painted our dining room (which we don't really use as a dining room, since we put a sofa in it and we use it as a reading and study room) several months ago. I was supposed to decorate it. Well, it's taken me some time to do something about it.

Today, I finally decided to get this little wooden table from the basement...


took off the legs



collected round items from around the house



to draw my design



went back to the basement and got all my stained glass and started to lay pieces onto the table top



Then I realized I didn't have the proper adhesive (I use Weldbond), and would have to wait till tomorrow 
before I could permanently attach the glass to the table



It might not look like it, but it took me hours to get this far.
Between husband, dog, and kids who accidentally bumped into the table and moved my glass pieces, I had to do quite a bit of reassembling. Well, I guess that's what happens when you do your crafts in a heavy traffic area!   


5 comments:

  1. that is going to be beautiful! i did a mosaic table 4 years ago and still waiting for hubby to attach edging to it....think maybe i should give it a try myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far so good! Hope to see a second video of this table to it's completion! That would be most helpful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. Question for you. What type of wood is the table? Would you recommend using a treated wood? Or a wood in particular? I have made a few mosaic tiles but haven't tried a wooden item before. Thank you. Em

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, a few years have gone by. Did you finish the table? I'd love to see a photo. I'm modeling a mosaic on a found chair on your design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. how do you handle the edging, or do you have any kind of edge around the table, I have done many tables and have not had any edging but am always worried about pieces falling off when moved.

    ReplyDelete