Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Mosaic Heart Stones

Inspired by mosaic artist Chris Emmert's beautiful work, I set out to make my own mosaic heart stones. I used glass beads and glass chips to create my "memory stones." I call them thus, because I made one each in memory of a dearly loved family member that passed away in the last few years. When my mother died, I planted a tree in our backyard in her memory. The mosaic stones are now lying at the base of  her tree, and every time I walk by, I smile and fondly remember the people the stones were made for.

Inspiriert von der schönen Arbeit von Mosaik-Künstlerin Chris Emmert, beschloss ich meine eigenen Mosaik-Herzsteine zu machen. Ich habe Glasperlen und Glasscherben für meine "Memory Steine" benutzt. Ich nenne sie so, weil jeder Stein als Erinnerung an einen geliebtes Familienmitglied, dass in den letzten Jahren starb, gedacht ist. Als meine Mutter starb, pflanzte ich einen Baum in unserem Garten in ihrem Gedächtnis. Die Mosaik-Steine liegen nun am Fuss des Baumes, und jedesmal, wenn ich durch meinen Garten gehe, lächle ich und erinnere mich gern an die Menschen für die ich die Steine gemacht habe.






Of course, the stones can be used indoors for decorative purposes as well. I keep one on my kitchen table.

Selbstverständlich können die Steine auch für dekorative Zwecke im Haus verwendet werden. Einer steht bei  mir auf dem Küchentisch.



2 comments:

  1. Hi
    Mosaic Heart Stones
    I’m impressed! Your strategy is outstanding; Thanks for setting me straight with quality information. You're just extremely excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a first time on this blog (any blog for that). I love what you made and would like to know, if you'd be so kind, how you did this? I am an amateur stained glass artist and would love to make things like this with my pieces of glass. Would you please share your instructions how to make these. Your work is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete